The Builders Congress is the conglomeration of professional (registered) builders where standards of knowledge and skill are discussed and to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as Builders and reviewing those standard. The Congress is divided into sections; Hands-on Pre-congress Workshop, Induction, The Technical Sessions and The Annual General Meeting.
We are indeed grateful to God for spearing our life's till the period, even as the world experience a great shock; the covid-19 pandemic that ravage the world and birthed the new normal which we are now and gave rise to doing things virtually. Haven considered a lot of things inline with the new normal and opening up the economy, we deem it fit that this years congress will be physical and virtual so as to be in accordance with the NCDC guidelines. Kindly proceed for registration and virtual login detials will be forwarded to you after payment confirmation.
1. Regulating and controlling the practice of Building technology in all its aspects and ramifications.
2. Conducting Professional Accreditation of Tertiary Academic Institutions and training facilities for the Building profession (Universities & Polytechnic)
3. Conducting professional examinations/interviews for those who are aspiring to qualify to practice the profession in Nigeria.
4. Maintenance of discipline within the profession.
5. Registration of would-be professionals.
6. Organizing and conducting Continuing Professional Development Programmes for the registered persons.
7. Performing such other functions conferred on the Council by the enabling law.
The Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria, CORBON was established by Federal Republic of Nigeria Act Cap No. 40(formerly known as Decree No. 45 of 1989), and now established by BUILDERS REGISTRATION ACT CAP. B13LFN 2004. The Council, as defined in Section 2 of the law, is a body corporate empowered to regulate the practice of building construction, maintenance, and management in Nigeria. Regulating and controlling the practice of Building profession in all its aspects and ramifications. Conducting Professional Accreditation of Tertiary Academic Institutions and training facilities for the Building profession (Universities & Polytechnics). Conducting professional examinations/interviews for those who are aspiring to qualify to practice the profession in Nigeria. Maintenance of discipline within the profession. Registration of would-be professionals. Providing Continuing Professional Development for the registered persons. Performing such other functions conferred on the Council by the enabling law.
This years registration will be in two (2) categories; Category A and Category B. Category A will be for participants(Registered Members alone) who would be present physically at the event centre, it is worthy to note that only Fifty (50) participants will have access/ be allowed for the congress so we are in conformity with NCDC guidelines. Therefore reservation is on first come first serve basis
( i.e first fifty participants to pay will be the only ones allowed in.) while Category B will be Virtual for Members, Non-Member, Students etc.